Monday, June 11, 2012

Love Bites


I haven't written anything the last couple of days. I have been spending some time watching True Blood. I watched the first season after it came out on DVD. After that, I tried to rent the second season through Netflix, but they kept sending the discs in the wrong order. I finally gave up trying. However, now that I subscribe to HBO, I have access to their streaming service and can catch up on the episodes I have missed.

Watching it reminded me just how much I love a good vampire story. I have to get this off of my chest. I love vampires. I have for as long as I can remember. Something about them is just so damn seductive. They just pull me in and I want more and more.

I suppose it was this draw to vampires in general that got me addicted to one of my favorite game systems of all time. The World of Darkness system and setting from White Wolf. I have posted before that I had quite a library of these books before I left Helena. And thankfully, I have gained them back and more over the last year or so. In addition, a good friend purchased me the 20th anniversary Collector's Edition of the Vampire: the Masquerade book that came out last October.

Now, I will admit that I have come to love many of the vampire shows that are marketed towards teenage girls. Some may say that this is because I am, deep down inside, a teenage girl. Hell, I have even said this a time or two. And my love for these shows has often earned me inglorious snickers from my friends.

However, here is a list of my vampire pleasures:

Vampire: the Masquerade - First time I played in a World of Darkness game and several games since.  

Once Bitten - I love Jim Carey in this

True Blood - So many pieces of eye candy in this show.

Kindred the Embraced - I wish this show would have lasted longer.

The Vampire Diaries - I shouldn't like this, but I do and can not wait for the newest season to be up on Netflix streaming.  

Dracula - 1992 film adaptation. Gary Oldman is amazing in everything he acts in.

Forever Knight - I remember staying up late on school nights to watch this show.  

Being Human - I do prefer the BBC version. However the American version is tolerable

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Joss Whedon is a god and this show proves it.

Angel - See above

Blade trilogy - Ok, yes he is a hunter. But damn it, he is a daywalker. So he is PART vampire.

Moonlight - Caught a couple episodes while it was on the air. Picked up the others after it was over.

Nosferatu - 1922 classic

The Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice is the Queen of vampires.

Interview with the Vampire - While I detest Tom Cruise in this movie, I do love Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas.

Queen of the Damned - Not nearly as good as the books, but I still love it and has some amazing music.

Lost Boys - First time I watched this was during YMCA day camp one summer.

Twilight - I cannot stand the books. However, the movies are entertaining if you get past the sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment